ABOUT JOURNEY U MINISTRIES
Our staff of trained biblical prayer ministers are deeply committed to coming along side you and inspiring you to greatness. As Prayer Ministers, our role is to partner with Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (The Helper). We use biblical principles to help you find freedom from what may be life-long struggles.
But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you. -John 14:26 NKJV
We work with individuals who find themselves stuck and unable to reach their goals. Through a series of sessions, we help you get in touch with your God-given purpose, work through any hindrances, and hold you accountable to take practical steps toward a more positive and exciting future.
The Lord has anointed us at Journey U;
to preach the good news to the poor. He has sent us to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners, to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor and the day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all who mourn and provide for those who grieve in Zion, to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair…so then you will be called oaks of righteousness, a planting of the Lord for the display of His splendor. (Isaiah 61:1-3).
Our mission is to heal and equip the body of Christ. We do that through prayer ministry, classes through Journey University, events, and strategic partnerships.
We all struggle with life stuff. This stuff prevents us from fully experiencing God’s love and negatively affects our relationships with others. We help people recognize BOTH life patterns and negative behaviors and how they keep us stuck in life. We use key Biblical principles to help bring healing to every part of the being; body, soul, and spirit.
There are four spiritual laws that effect every relationship. Spiritual laws are like natural laws; whether you believe them are not or whether you know them or not, they are in effect. We help people identify the patterns (or fruit) in their life that are the results of these biblical spiritual laws and give them practical ways to work through the bad and to increase the good. Just like understanding the Law of Gravity allowed the Wright brothers to design an airplane that uses gravity to our benefit, our clients will discover how to do the same with these 4 laws.
THE LAW OF SOWING AND REAPING
Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows. Whoever sows to please their flesh, will reap destruction; whoever sows to please the Spirit will reap eternal life. Let us not become weary of doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. Galatians 6:7-9
THE LAW OF HONORING YOUR FATHER AND MOTHER
Honor your father and mother, as the Lord your God has commanded you, so that you may live long and that it may go well with you in the land the Lord your God is giving you. Deuteronomy 5:16
THE LAW OF JUDGEMENT
Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and to the measure you use, it will be measured to you. Matthew 7:1-2
THE LAW OF FORGIVENESS
For if you forgive other people when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive others their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins. Matthew 6:14-15
Statement of Faith
- We believe that all scripture is inspired by God and that both the Old and New Testaments are inerrant in the original writings and are the supreme and final authority for faith and life. (2 Tim. 3:15-16)
- We believe that the Godhead exists in three Persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit and that these three Persons are one God. (Matt. 28:19)
- We believe in the Lord Jesus Christ and his eternal existence as God; His incarnation and virgin birth; His death on the cross and the substitutionary atonement for sin; His literal bodily resurrection from the dead; and his present ministry of intercession in heaven. (Luke 1:34-38; I Peter 3:18, Heb. 2:9, Romans 5:9, Acts. 2:23-24; Heb. 8:1; Matt. 26:64)
- We believe that the Holy Spirit, the third Person of the Godhead, convicts men of sin and regenerates, baptizes, indwells, seals and sets apart believers unto a holy life. We believe that the Holy Spirit also keeps and empowersbelievers day by day and that He is the teacher of the Word of God and the guide for daily living. We believe that all the gifts of the Holy Spirit as recorded in scripture are available for use by the church today.
(John 14:15-18, John 16:13; Acts 1:8; John 16:7-11; Romans 12:48, Eph. 4:11; I Cor. 12:1-31: 14:1-40)
- We believe that man was created innocent and pure and Adam fell through the sin of disobedience. Therefore, all men are corrupted in body, soul and spirit and all men need to be born again. (Rom. 3:23)
- We believe that salvation is by grace, a free gift of God apart from works. Salvation is through personal faith in the Lord Jesus Christ and his blood shed on the cross for our sins. All who receive Jesus Christ are regenerated by the Holy Spirit and become children of God. True salvation will be manifested by a changed life. (I Cor. 15:20-13; John 3:35-36)
- We believe in the personal, visible, bodily return of Jesus Christ to the earth; the bodily resurrection of the just to the eternal abode in the glory of God’s presence; and the bodily resurrection of the unjust to judgment and everlasting punishment in the lake of fire. (Heb. 10:37; Luke 21:27; Titus 2:11-14)
- We believe marriage is a covenant, a sacred bond between one man and one woman. (Gen. 2:22-24; Matt. 19:4-6; Mark 10:6-9)